7 minutes preparation + 10 cooking
17 serves of vegies in this recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 3 flat mushrooms, sliced thick
- 3 baby eggplants, halved lengthways
- 3 baby zucchinis, halved lengthways
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and cut into six
- 3 yellow squash, halved
- 3 firm ripe tomatoes, halved
- Olive or canola oil spray
Combine oil and juice in a small bowl. Brush vegetables with this mixture. Heat BBQ and lightly spray with oil. Barbecue vegetables until tender (about 10 minutes depending on thickness), turning after 5 minutes. Serves 6.
Leave root end of onion in tact to avoid falling apart. If a barbecue is unavailable use a heavy pan with grill markings on a gas hotplate or place vegetables under a grill on a foil-covered tray, turning after 5 minutes.