SPONSORSHIP is available for this role (VIsa criteria applies)
Buttercups is seeking an Early Childhood Teacher who is passionate, committed and has an ardent desire to make each child’s learning journey a pleasurable and exciting one.
The successful applicant has the opportunity to work in a multicultural environment and the joy of providing great learning experiences and having the children and their families as their main focus when planning their educational program.
This is for a full time position Monday to Friday but flexible hours may be optional. Mature applicants are encouraged to apply.
This position is for an immediate start at our Aberdeen Street Northbridge Centre until Highgate opens
Your key priorities will be to:
- Assess the needs of each child, monitor their progress and ensure school readiness
- Employ a variety of educational techniques (storytelling, educational play, media etc.) to teach children
- Ensure that a developmentally and educationally appropriate program is planned and implemented for each individual child helping them to improve their social competencies, build self-esteem and develop self-regulation skills
- Guide children to develop their artistic and practical capabilities through a carefully constructed curriculum (identify shapes, numbers or colours, do crafts etc.)
- Provide supervision and assistance to other Educators in the room
- Maintain a positive working relationship with team members
- Sustain effective communication with parents about their child’s progress, understanding their children’s backgrounds and the parent’s goals for their child
- Ensure health and safety standards are adhered to at all times
- Maintain and manage the resources for your room
Buttercups is a privately owned company which currently has three Centres and about to open their fourth. They will continue to expand and where possible, love to promote from within, so for the right person there may be opportunities to further their careers. Buttercups is also approved to sponsor applicants that meet the required criteria and can show us that they have passion and dedication to providing quality early years care and education to the children in their care.
What we are offering:
- The exciting opportunity to be involved with an expanding childcare business
- Employee benefits and discounts (including discounts on child care)
- Paid break for new mums for breastfeeding
- Competitive above award wages
- A rewarding and supportive working environment
- Ongoing professional development program (after probation period)
- Sponsorships may be available
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and if applicable, a copy of your Visa and passport will be required at the interview.
Position Description (click download below)
If you are interested and motivated to be part of establishing a new, fabulous Centre and growing with an amazing team using your expertise, knowledge and passion, then please submit your application.
All applications must include a full resume and covering letter addressing the above selection criteria. Suitable applicants will be contacted to arrange an interview.