How to prepare for Childcare
The best way to prepare your child for childcare is to get excited! It’s the start of an amazing period of growth and development for them. If you’re happy they’re more likely to be happy.
What to expect on Day One
First days can be tough for both parents and children, so it’s natural to feel a bit anxious about this big change to the family routine.
At Buttercups we are always concerned about the safety of you and your child. Our centre staff are more than happy to explain the process of dropping off your child and saying goodbye. Our staff will stay in touch during your child’s first day and let you know how things are going. At the end of each day you can talk to our staff or read through their observations to get a feel for how well your child is adapting at Buttercups.
We our passionate about the well being and happiness of your child at Buttercups, will do everything to help your child to settle in quickly. Before you know it they’ll have made new friends and be running in without even a hug and wave goodbye!
What to bring
When you enrol at Buttercups we will provide you with a detail list of items to pack for your child’s visit each day to childcare. The following is a list of items to consider:
- A sunsafe hat which covers your child’s face, neck and ears. We have a sun smart policy at Buttercups.
- Change of clothes (when involved with hands-on play-based learning, your child may get a little messy)
- Bib or two
- Comfort item (if required), such as a toy or blanket
- Dummy in a sealed, named container (if required)
- Sleeping sheet set or blanket for nap time
- Bottles (if required)
- Expressed milk (if required)
- Nappies, wipes and cream
- Water bottle with a lid or a sippy cup
- Any medications – medications must be given to our staff for security and staff storage in a locked medical cabinet.
Remember to label all your child’s items. All items need to be packed in a back pack clearly labelled with you child’s full name.
If you have any queries please ask our staff.