Buttercups Northbridge and our new Centre in Honeywood are seeking Early Childhood Teachers to lead our Pre-Kindy and Kindy programs who are passionate, committed and have an ardent desire to make each child’s learning journey a pleasurable and exciting one. Our beautiful appointed Kindy room, with our multi-cultural children will provide the successful applicants with great joy if they are able to provide a great learning experience and have the children and their families as their main focus when planning their educational programme.
This advertisement is for a full-time positions Monday to Friday and is open to negotiation for other conditions. Mature applicants encouraged.
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) as recognised by ACECQA – applicants working towards their Bachelor degree in Early Childhood may be considered (minimum requirement of two years completed if working towards or Diploma qualified and enrolled in Bachelor of Education)
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Police check
- A good understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and National Quality Standards (NQS)
- A good understanding of the Planning Cycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to provide and maintain a strong educational program
- A Certified Supervisors Certificate is desirable
Your key priorities will be to:
Assess the needs of each child, monitor their progress and ensure school readiness
Employ a variety of educational techniques (storytelling, educational play, media etc.) to teach children
Ensure that a developmentally and educationally appropriate program is planned and implemented for each individual child helping them to improve their social competencies, build self-esteem and develop self-regulation skills
Guide children to develop their artistic and practical capabilities through a carefully constructed curriculum (identify shapes, numbers or colours, do crafts etc.)
Provide supervision and assistance to other Educators in the room
Maintain a positive working relationship with team members
Sustain effective communication with parents about their child’s progress, understanding their children’s backgrounds and the parent’s goals for their child
Ensure health and safety standards are adhered to at all times
Maintain and manage the resources for your room
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and if applicable, a copy of your Visa and passport will be required at the interview.
If you feel you would be a committed team member who would like to join our Buttercups team, please send in your resume and cover letter to:
**The closing date for this ad is 31st of January. We reserve the right to withdraw this add at any time should we find suitable applicant prior to this date.**