Fun Fact: Originally Spanish paella was traditionally made by the men to give the lady of the house a day off from cooking.
The below recipe is a fast and easy version of Chicken Paella that breaks all the rules but readies a delicious meal in half the time.
1 cup Brown rice
250g Chicken Mince
½ diced Onion
½ TBS Minced Garlic
1 Pinch Turmeric
500ml Vegetable stock
½ cup Frozen Peas
400g Crushed Tomato’s
1 Diced Red Capsicum
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a roasting dish add rice and stir through turmeric and paprika to coat.
- Add garlic, onion, capsicum, chicken and tomatoes.
- Pour in stock and stir well.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake in oven for 30-45 minutes.
- Carefully open the foil and add peas and stir.
- Cover back up and cook for another 10 minutes.