Buttercups is seeking 2 Early Childhood Teachers who are passionate, committed and have an ardent desire to make each child’s learning journey a pleasurable and exciting one.
At Buttercups, we recognise each child as an individual with unique abilities and this belief is supported by Buttercups core philosophy for educators to know every child and their families. We are passionate about early education and the positive impact it has on the children we care for, the families who trust us and the community we are a part of.
Our beautiful appointed multicultural Kindy room will provide the successful applicants with great joy through providing great learning experiences and have the children and their families as their main focus when planning their educational programme.
This advertisement is for full or part time positions Monday to Friday but flexible hours may be optional. Mature applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) as recognised by ACECQA – applicants working towards their Bachelor degree in Early Childhood may be considered (minimum requirement of two years completed if working towards or Diploma qualified and enrolled in Bachelor of Education)
- Experience in long day care environment would be desirable
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Police check
- A good understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and National Quality Standards (NQS)
- A good understanding of the Planning Cycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to provide and maintain a strong educational program
Your key priorities will be to:
- Assess the needs of each child, monitor their progress and ensure school readiness
- Employ a variety of educational techniques (storytelling, educational play, media etc.) to teach children
- Ensure that a developmentally and educationally appropriate program is planned and implemented for each individual child helping them to improve their social competencies, build self-esteem and develop self-regulation skills
- Guide children to develop their artistic and practical capabilities through a carefully constructed curriculum (identify shapes, numbers or colours, do crafts etc.)
- Provide supervision and assistance to other Educators in the room
- Maintain a positive working relationship with team members
- Sustain effective communication with parents about their child’s progress, understanding their children’s backgrounds and the parent’s goals for their child
- Ensure health and safety standards are adhered to at all times
- Maintain and manage the resources for your room
What we are offering:
- The exciting opportunity to be involved with an expanding childcare business
- Employee benefits and discounts (including discounts on child care)
- Paid break for new mums for breastfeeding
- A rewarding and supportive working environment
- Ongoing professional development program (after probation period)
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and if applicable, a copy of your Visa and passport will be required at the interview.
If you feel you would be a committed team member who would like to join our Buttercups team, please send in your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must include a full resume and covering letter addressing the above selection criteria. Suitable applicants will be contacted to arrange an interview.