HEALTHY WINTER WARMER: LENTIL SOUP straight from Ari’s kitchen..
One of the few enjoyable things about winter is slurping up big bowls of hearty, nutrition-packed, nourishing bowls of goodness! As the days are getting colder, this healthy soup makes a delicious easy lunch or dinner.
This is one of the children’s absolute favourites and it is super quick to make. Enjoy!
Lentil Soup with Buttered Bread (Serves – 8)
375g Dried Yellow lentils
1 Onion, diced
2 Celery Stalks, diced
2 Carrots, diced
2 Potatoes, diced
1 L Vegetable Stock
1 Bay Leaf
1 tsp Parsley
Slice of buttered bread
- Dice onion, carrots, potatoes and celery.
- In a large pot add a small amount of oil and saute onion until soft.
- Add vegetables and lentils.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer. Add herbs and cook until vegetables are cooked through
- Serve with buttered bread.